
We went to the Everglades National Park on Saturday. It is not far from where we live. It took about an hour to reach the park and then we drove through the park to the southern tip, Flamingo visitor Center, where we took a boat tour of the park. I did not realize how big the park is and it takes up most of the south west park of the state.
We took our time driving through the park and got out when we saw trails. We saw this very beautiful grasshopper. Hannah had a little problem with the bugs. It seemed like she was a magnet for them and we had to turn around at one point because she was so agitated. At this point I was laughing at her and had to walk behind her so I would not make her angry.
We enjoyed our boat tour. We learned about the park and saw one alligator. On the way back it started to pour and we all got soaking wet. (Look for the picture of Gilbert wringing out his clothes afterwards)
I have always wanted to go to the Everglades and had a great time. I look forward to visiting other areas in the park soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment