Kaden Maryse

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Mateo Hadley

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 31, 2008

First ER Visit

Last Wednesday Kaden had her first trip to the ER. I received a phone call from day care about 3:30 saying Kaden had a fever of 106. Of course this made me panic. Her pediatrician told me to go to the ER. When I got to the daycare, Kaden's hair was soaking wet from sweat and she looked like she felt horrible. I made sure to ask the day care 3 times are you sure it said 106, because I had a hard time believing it was this high. They reconfirmed the temperature. So I did not want to take any chances, off to the ER we went. They ran several tests to see what could have caused the her temperature to get this high. I am not sure if the drawing of the blood, taking a urine sample, and the taking snot sample was more traumatic for me or Kaden. I had to hold back tears while I watched my poor baby scream. Thankfully all the tests came back negative. When we left the hospital her temperature was 101 and two days later the fever was completely gone. I am still not sure that her temperature was that high but it is better to be safe than sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGoash- that's so scary. I'm so glad everything turned out alright. btw- I love, love, love the new pic at the top of the blog!
Katie

Kathleen said...

wow! I hate you had to go through that. I am glad pretty girl is feeling better now. Your new layout is great! So cute. I love the pic.