Kaden Maryse

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Mateo Hadley

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

29 weeks pregnant

Yesterday I had my 29 week appointment at the maternity center. I also had my diabetes test. I was supposed to have that the week prior but I was not given the brochure so I did not know not to eat and I did not know to bring a specific meal with me. Yesterday I got there and had my finger pricked, ate my meal, and two hours later when it was time to prick my finger again they had run out of the strips that read your blood sugar level. So they decided to take blood and hold it to test when they get the strips but by the time this was done 30 minutes had passed. So there is a possibility I have to take the test again. While I was there I went ahead and had a prenatal checkup so I didn't have to come back next week.

The week prior (28 weeks) my blood pressure was high and it had been high for a couple of visits. I am happy to say that yesterday my blood pressure was back to normal. That was a big relief for me. At my 28 week appointment they were able to feel where the baby's head was: right under my ribs. This week her head was down like it is supposed to be. Everything else is good. She is very active and becoming quite strong. I am still battling swelling and heartburn. My stomach is so big and in the way now. It is extremly hard to bend over and I can not squueze in small places such as when I open the car door to get out I need to be able to open the door all the way.

An update on the baby's growth:
Your baby has also learned to use its brain to control primitive breathing. This means that if your baby is born now, he or she could probably breathe independently
The baby will be able to turn his or her head to find the source of a bright light. Your baby is continuing to become more sensitive to sounds, tastes, and smells.
The fat layers will continue to form.
The head is in proportion to the rest of the body.
The eyes can move in the sockets.
The bones are fully developed, but they are still soft and pliable.
The baby will begin to store iron, calcium, and phosphorus.

No comments: