Mateo Hadley Biamby was born on October 16th at 8:53pm. He weighed 7 pounds 7 ounces and was 19 inches long.
I was induced at 11am on October 16th. Mateo was a breech baby until week 36 and apparently he did not completely turn and he was considered oblique (which means he was at an angle and was more to the side). We went ahead with labor hoping that he would center himself. At 1pm my doctor broke my water and I took an epidural. Throughout my labor Mateo's heart beat would drop occasionally during the contractions, which meant he wasn't handling the contractions very well. At 7pm I had not made any progress since 1pm and Mateo had not centered himself so we had to change birth plans and have a c-section. After having experienced both delivery methods, I can not understand why anyone chooses to have a c-section (sorry if I offended anyone). I had a reaction to the anesthesia and could not stop shaking through the entire procedure and through most of the recovery. The gas pain is just about unbearable after the surgery and it is hard to do just about anything. But the important thing is that we are both safe and healthy.
We got home on Sunday afternoon and we are doing well. I will post more later.


4 comments:
YAY! What a beautiful baby boy! I'm so glad that you're home and the delivery was a safe (albeit long) one. And I hear you about the C-Section....hope to never have to do one myself. Keep us posted on your recovery and how those cutie pie kids of yours are doing.
Katie
Whew...I am glad to see that you are doing well. Mateo is handsome (beautiful in boy language). Keep us updated on your recovery and be sure you take it easy, well as easy as you can with two children under 1.
wow! what a sweetie little blessing. i assume your mama is down there, then? give each other a hug for me! :) sweet, sweet baby!
I kept checking back to see if you had posted. He looks so different from Kaden to me. I hope you are recovering well. Love!
Post a Comment