This afternoon I had my 11th week appointment. Lately I have started to feel better: I am still nauseous sometimes but not that often. However, I am still tired a lot.
I have been excited about this appointment because Gilbert and I have been looking forward to hearing the baby's heart beat. On the drive to the maternity center I was a bit anxious because I kept thinking what if we don't hear the heart beat.
After doing all the preliminary stuff (weighing, blood pressure, temp, peeing in a cup, asking my million questions...) we got down to business, the heart beat. Of course it took about 5 minutes to find the stinker's heart beat. After I got all worked up, the midwife finally found the heart beat. The baby's heart was beating at 160 beats per minute which was right on target.
While we were there we went ahead and scheduled the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. If you know me well, you know that I would drive myself crazy if I couldn't find out the sex. We had to go ahead and schedule it because my mom is going to fly down to be there for this appointment. So exactly 8 weeks from today, July 10th, we will find out the sex of the baby. And to celebrate that night we will be going to The Police concert (which by the way Gilbert told me he would divorce me if we didn't get tickets to this concert).
Speaking of the sex of the baby, everyone has been telling us what they think we are having. Gilbert and my mom think we are having a boy and Gilbert's family and some of our friends think we are having a girl. I used to say I want a boy first but now it really doesn't matter to me.


1 comment:
I am so excited for you guys! Can't wait to get back from the honeymoon and find out the sex of baby biamby.
Post a Comment